Personal Care Assistant
Poole, Dorset, England
- £ 16224 - 24336 Per year
- Full time
- Contract, Permanent
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
- 6 Aug 2019
- 27 Aug 2019
Personal Care Assistant
Part Time and Full Time positions available
Permanent guaranteed hours contract
£16,224 to £24,336 per annum
Are you looking for a change in your work life? Want a new job that is proactive, interesting and challenges you?
Sugarman are currently seeking a Personal Care Assistant to provide care and support to a 34 year old male with complex health needs in Poole, Dorset.
We are looking for someone who can be flexible in working both days and nights over a 4 weekly rota period. You will need to be a driver with a full UK driving licence with a minimum of 1 years driving experience and happy to drive an automatic mobility van.
You would become an essential part of his existing care team in this fulfilling and exciting role. This gentleman is an active individual in the community managing his own charity, going to university and holidays abroad, as well as going to festivals, concerts and other events. All which you will get to experience working alongside him.
Care experience is valuable but not essential, a positive and active attitude is the most important requirement for this role. Theory and practical training will be provided to ensure you have the correct skills to support this individual. This will give you the opportunity to learn new skills, develop your career and experience exciting things.
Working hours are 7am-7pm Days & 7pm-7am Nights
Benefits of the Personal Care Assistant role:
- Opportunities to go abroad, festivals, concerts and more.
- Enhancing our Service Users quality of life
- Contracted hours
- Free driving lessons around the mobility van.
- Monthly rota
Requirements of the Personal Care Assistant role:
- Moving and Handling
- Personal Care
- Supporting with the 2 dogs in all aspects
- Personal support with emails, letters, diary organising and taking notes in meetings (ability to use smart devices)
- Supporting with organising trips and creating itineraries
- Administering medication
- Respectful and maintain professional boundaries
- Effective communicators who also respect the need for peace and quiet at times.
- Flexible, punctual, resourceful and professional
- Who will go above and beyond for the Service User and staff involved in the package
- Who will respect his beliefs and values and instil a team approach
To apply for this Personal Care Assistant role you will need:
- A positive and motivating attitude
- The enthusiasm to learn and experience new things
- To be willing to embrace the goals he wants to achieve
- To carry out person-centred care
- The right to live and work in the UK
- A full UK driving license
- 1 years driving experience
- A clean DBS
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
This job was posted to Community care in Poole, Dorset, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 30000 - 40000 Per yearFull timePermanentWelwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, England
Job Purpose: To champion compliance with a hands-on approach to achieve our promise to exceed professional standards and provide hi...
£ 9.8 - 9.8 Per hourFull timeTemporaryBasingstoke, Hampshire, England
Seven Social Care are looking for a full time temporary Support Worker to join the team at North Hampshire Mental Health Pathway. T...
£ 34000 - 39000 Per yearFull time...PermanentIvybridge, Devon, England
RESIDENTIAL MANAGER - IVYBRIDGE -DEVON -RESIDENTIAL MANAGER £ 34-38K - IVYBRIDGE -DEVON Looking to take the Next Step ? Manager or ...