Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for over 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients & their families.
We are looking for a Head of Social Work to join our team at Cygnet Kewstoke.
A people person with a commitment to high-quality care, you'll help us achieve our goals – and yours.
So if you’re passionate about what you do, we want to hear from you!
To provide an evidence-based, recovery-focused, person-centred Social Work service whilst managing and supervising a team of social workers.
In this role you will assess and collaborate with patients in planning and implementing care plans. You will also support patients and their families/carers through a range of Social Work tasks and responsibilities to include; individual and family support, home risk assessments, group work, and liaison with families and advocacy, where appropriate.
To be an active member of the wider management team. To liaise effectively with other professionals and significant others involved in a service user’s care, ensuring integrated service delivery and to assist each client to attain their maximum level of functioning and independence.
We are also dedicated to developing the service so gathering feedback from the service users is important to us to enable this. The post-holder is also expected to keep up to date with developments in Mental Health related to the client group and to incorporate new initiatives into practice.
We are looking for...
• A HCPC Registered and experienced Social Worker
• Someone who is familiar with working in a mental health or forensic setting and has experience supervising staff
• Sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act and the relevant Codes of Practice
• Working knowledge of legislation relating to Safeguarding procedures, DOLS, and the Mental Capacity Act
• Excellent assessment and report writing skills
• Experience of multi-disciplinary team working in the provision of therapeutic / statutory interventions
• Effective communication and time management skills, enabling collaborative working with other disciplines, families/carers, in-house and outside agencies/organisations
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
• Salary up to £41,872.88 (depending on experience)
• Monthly reflective practice & CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision & peer support
• Pension scheme
• Employee discount savings
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke provides an emergency admissions service for men and a pathway for women from low secure to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
The hospital has more than 16 acres of landscaped grounds and overlooks the Bristol Channel. This beachside location, just outside Weston-super-Mare, helps us provide a quiet, peaceful and therapeutic environment which can offer service users a broad range of therapies including CAT, CBT, Schema Therapy,
EMDR & DBT.
Ready to make a positive change?
Click the link to apply.