Social Workers - Co. Meath
Navan, Co. Meath
- € 17.62 - 30.59 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 8 Mar 2019
- 5 Sep 2019
Social Workers Child protection and Welfare, Co. Meath
Social Workers required for a long term locum assignments working as part of a child protection and welfare teams based in a number of locations in Co. Meath.
The main duties of this role will be:
- Complete visits, interview and meet children and their families and formulate and assessment based on the information gathered
- Completing comprehensive assessments, chairing multi-disciplinary professional meetings,
- Measuring risk based on information gathered as part of screening/interviewing process
- Co-ordinating reunification plans with children and families.
- Court work
- Direct and therapeutic work with children
The successful candidates will work as part of a well-structured teams with regular supervision and developing social workers strengths as well as continuous Training and Development sessions with a training plan.
- Will hold a recognised qualification as a Social Worker and membership of CORU or / eligible for membership
- Relevant experience e.g. social work placements will be considered in Child protection and/or Children in Care Services, residential child care, community child care worker/leader.
- Full driving licence and access to a car.
- Other relevant knowledge in respect of Legislation, National Policies and recognised theories in the area of Social Science and Child Care.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills with children and parents using a range of techniques
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent report writing and case recording skills
- Team working skills
- Ability to be flexible and respond to crises and changing work environment
- Ability to reflect on own skills and review and evaluate own work
- Ability to work effectively with other professionals and agencies
Visit Apply for more Social Work jobs