Quality Development Manager- Scotland & The North Region
Great opportunity to join one of the UKs fastest growing healthcare providers in the role of Quality Development Manager. Care UK proudly has one of the highest quality ratings in the sector, with 86% of our homes rated Good and Outstanding. Delivering the highest quality of care and fulfilling lives is at the heart of what we do. The Quality and Governance team are looking for a passionate and experienced clinical professional in helping drive quality across our homes in the Scotland and North Region. The role will be home based with frequent travel across Scotland and the North Region.
- To be the Quality Development Manager across an agreed portfolio of homes, providing the Regional Director (RD) with a business partner support service to deliver targeted developments.
- To be a key member of the Quality and Governance Team providing professional input into agreeing and developing targeted national care and clinical strategies to develop and enhance the quality of care services we provide.
- To lead, support and develop excellence in care with a core focus on delivering the dementia strategy, enhancements to the activities provision and targeted national care and clinical strategies.
- To review clinical performance through the monthly clinical statistics and identify specific concerns or trends and provide clinical expertise and support to home based clinical teams to reduce risks and deliver the required improvements.
- To work with the RD and Home Managers (HM) within your area to deliver sustained improvements in quality as reflected through improved Regulator ratings.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues across all disciplines within Care UK and external agencies to develop and sustain best practice, role modelling our company values at all times and raising the profile of Care UK.
- To strengthen and develop the professional clinical leadership of colleagues and actively support nurses/ others to progress through an established career path.
Overall responsibilities & duties:
- To directly work with the RD and their HMs in the development of care and clinical services and the overall delivery of high quality care services as recognised through external regulation ratings.
- To actively participate in the forming of the annual Quality Plan and the professional development of the care and clinical strategies that are to be delivered.
- To work with the RD and HMs to deliver the annual Quality Plan through the successful implementation of the plan inclusive of facilitating colleague and customer engagement and organising/ coordinating external resource and events.
- To be responsible for the implementation of the agreed care & clinical strategies/ initiatives and delivery of the expected outcomes, which will change each year to respond to development needs, such as tissue viability, nutrition, end of life care, medication etc.
- Responsible for the introduction, engagement and development of colleagues, embedding best practice and monitoring of compliance for a range of care and clinical initiatives.
- To work with the RD and their HMs to implement the dementia care strategy and achieve the expected standards of service and required outcomes underpinned by dementia programmes as required.
- To work with the RD and their HMs to implement the required enhancements to the activities provision strategy and achieve the expected standards of service and required outcomes, inclusive of the implementation of any new policies and ways of working and providing development and support to those leading activities in within the homes.
- To provide clinical and care expertise to the designated portfolio homes in order to ensure the provision of care reflects current best clinical practice, inclusive of supporting colleagues to achieve the required standards through professional development and induction.
- Embed best practise through monitoring compliance of a range of care & clinical KPIs such as tissue viability, nutrition, end of life care, medication etc. and analyse individual home data to identified and respond to trends or concerns.
- To take an active lead in a specialist clinical area, as defined and directed by Care UK and develop and maintain a relevant clinical knowledge and current best practice in this area.
- To review the homes clinical KPI data for accuracy and analyse individual home data and take action on any identified trends or concerns feeding back to Regional Director, Home Manager and LQDM.
- Attend the RDs meetings with HMs to represent all clinical, care, dementia and