Independant Reviewing Officer - Childrens Services
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
- £ 40 - 40 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 9 May 2019
- 30 Jun 2019
The post holder will be responsible for effectively chairing reviews. They will be required to produce contemporaneous records along with clearly identifying good and poor practice across the service. They must demonstrate good communication with children and professionals and possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to robustly challenge where necessary.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination and independent chairing Looked After Children (LAC) Reviews
- To fulfil the responsibilities as laid out in the IRO Regulations and guidance.
- To ensure that LAC Reviews are arranged, chaired and recorded in accordance with existing procedures and the requirements of individual cases and to an acceptable standard
- To routinely and actively quality assure the LAC processes, monitor progress of LAC Care Plans between reviews, identify drift against Care Plans
- To provide feedback on both practice of concern and on good practice, to social workers, their managers and the Local Authority, ensuring conflict resolution, safeguarding alerts and practice alerts are raised where appropriate to the case
- To participate in targeted quality assurance activity as required
- To ensure the needs of looked after children are identified and addressed with particular regard to race, religion, culture, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation
- To refer cases to the highest authority within the County Council and to the Child & Family Court Advisory Support Service (CAFCASS) where appropriate, in line with escalation procedures
- To ensure that the focus on the needs of children and young people is maintained
- To ensure the meaningful participation of children, young people and their families/carers in the LAC reviewing process. To ensure children are aware of their rights to legal representation and advocacy, and to inform children and parents/carers that they have a right to make complaints to the local authority and provide appropriate information
- To liaise with relevant staff in other agencies who have responsibility for child protection and looked after children concerning the development of practices and procedures
- To provide information through the Standards Checklist to help form a view about practice across the authority so that improvements can be made.
- To create and maintain links with operational team managers in order to improve standards for children in need of protection and children in care
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the WBC Health and Safety policy and any service-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert.
This job was posted to Social worker in Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 27.68 Per hourFull timeBankSoutham, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Job description Are you a passionate, dedicated social worker looking for a new challenge? HCL Social Care is recruiting a qualifie...
£ 41 - 41 Per hourFull timePermanentSwindon, Wiltshire, England
Undertake assessments, determine care packages/support plans and manage a large and complex caseload to maintain or improve the wel...
£ 30401 - 30401 Per yearPart timeBankSwindon, Wiltshire, England
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust(AWP) provides inpatient and community-based mental health care for people li...