Choose a career that inspires people.
Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you’ll be making a real difference to patients and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
As part of our vibrant culture you’ll build lasting professional relationships that will take you further, whatever your career goals.
Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke provides an emergency admissions service for men and a pathway for women from low secure to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
In this role:
To work in partnership with service users across the wards, their carers/family, the multidisciplinary team, organisations, external agencies and others to assist with the recovery process. You will help to inform service user needs / risk assessments, multidisciplinary input and the analysis of risk whilst also leading on the social care needs of the service users.
The post holder will ensure that service users and their carers are aware of their legal rights and take an active role in safeguarding within the multidisciplinary team. You will also provide a written report to the multidisciplinary team and the allocated care coordinator in the mental health team for each Care Programme Approach review.
We're looking for people who have:
• A HCPC Registered Social Worker along with a relevant Social Work qualification
• Experience working within a mental health setting or a passion for working in this field
• Understanding of Safeguarding; Health & Safety; Data Protection; Confidentiality Issues; Equality & Diversity
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Good literacy skills, attention to detail and the ability to complete comprehensive reports
In return we’ll offer you:
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Opportunities for CPD and further learning and development
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with an excellent apprenticeship scheme.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Do you want a career that inspires people?
If so, please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.