Senior Practitioner - Childrens
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
- £ 35 - 35 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 9 May 2019
- 30 Jun 2019
Working in one of our front line teams, either safeguarding (CIN, CP, CIC) assessment (s47)
- To work closely with children, young people and their families, other staff within the service function and partner agencies to provide support and protection for children and young people in need and at risk.
- To promote a range of services which carry out statutory duties as required by legislation and guidance.
- To assess the needs of children, young people and families to plan and implement suitable multi-agency interventions and service provisions to meet need and review outcomes
- Manage a caseload with a high level of complexity and risk including those children subject to care proceedings and child protection plans
- Act in a consultative role to less experienced social workers to ensure reflective practice in all single or multi-agency assessments, including the development of outcome focussed plans. This will include supporting less experienced staff with court proceedings, chairing core group and multi agency meetings, and facilitating family group meetings.
- Responsible for modelling a high standard of practice in relation to own casework, including good quality case recording and report writing
- Provide mentoring and specialist consultation or advice to colleagues and other professionals
- To undertake direct work with children, young people and families in order to manage risk and achieve the sustained and positive outcomes identified in assessments and plans
- Attend relevant meetings which require high level professional input
- Maintain and facilitate professional working relationships with all stake holders to ensure the effective delivery of services
- Support advanced practitioners to improve social work practice
- To undertake training and development as required including on going post qualification professional development
- Be accountable for own practice ensuring it is of high quality and reflect bests practice
- Support, promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert.
This job was posted to Social worker in Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 27.68 Per hourFull timeBankSoutham, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Job description Are you a passionate, dedicated social worker looking for a new challenge? HCL Social Care is recruiting a qualifie...
£ 30401 - 30401 Per yearPart timeBankSwindon, Wiltshire, England
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust(AWP) provides inpatient and community-based mental health care for people li...
£ 40 - 40 Per hourFull timePermanentGloucester, Gloucestershire, England
The post holder will be responsible for effectively chairing reviews. They will be required to produce contemporaneous records alon...