I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Social Worker - Adoption
We're Medicare First, a nationwide social care recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified social work professionals for temporary and permanent work across the UKs local authorities. We work to provide a fair and ethical service to the workers we represent; it is central to our business ethos.
As a Social Worker responsible for working effectively with children, young people and families/carers where adoption is the best possible outcome for the child, you will manage a defined caseload. The Fostering and Adoption Service recruit, assess and support adoptive parents and foster carers. The Teams match children to families and provide continual support. Placement support is a real strength across the fostering and adoption services, as it strives to achieve permanence and the very best outcomes for the children in care in the authority. This role reports to the Team Manager.
About the client
Our client is a forward thinking Council based in South London. These services will be delivered against specifications set by the People Commissioning function in line with the County Council's overarching outcomes.
* Assess adopters and to help prepare them for the task of adoption and present their applications, using a BAAF PAR, to Adoption Panel.
* Attend court for adoption orders and produce court reports
* Raise placement order applications to begin the adoption process
* Create child permanency, adoption and annex reports
* Recruitment of adoptive parents and owning the process of matching children in care to a safe home
* Maintain and constantly update personal skills and knowledge to ensure best practice and to pass on to others practice experience gained.
* Keep abreast of the councils' policies and procedures and legislation and guidance, including the safeguarding policy.
* Maintain case records and provide other reports that may be required to a high standard
* Participate in supervision, team meetings and consultation with agency advisers.
* Engage with the research and developments being undertaken within the team and the wider organisation.
* Promote equal opportunities and to strive to achieve anti-discriminatory, child-centred practice in all aspects of the work undertaken.
What we need from you
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
* 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority Adoption teams
If you are passionate about delivering a high standard of social care and would like to work in a supportive forward-thinking environment, we would like to hear from you if you think you meet the requirements.
What you will receive from us
* Medicare First is a first tier recruitment provider to local authorities so you will have access to opportunities before they reach many other agencies
* Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
* Excellent rates of pay both (Umbrella companies, Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
* Your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
* Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
* Quick and Easy Registration Process
£ 27 - 37 Per hourFull timeContractLondon, Greater London, England
Child Protection - Locum & Permanent - South EnglandI am currently working with most Local Authorities in England, Wales & ...
£ 27000 - 32000 Per yearFull timePermanentEdgware, London, Greater London, England
Project Social Worker - FGM & Harmful Religious Practice A Children's Services provider looking for Social Worker with excellen...
£ 30.00 - 32.00 Per hourFull timeContractLondon, Greater London, England
Social Worker - Community Mental Health Team Job summary Promote the principles of person centred practice in social work service d...
£ 31 - 41 Per hourFull timeContractLondon, Greater London, England
AMHP - Flexible Hours - Competitive Pay - Locum or PermanentI am working with most Local Authorities in England, Wales and the Chan...