Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.Therapy Support Worker, Brunel Building, Southmead Hospital NHS, Bristol£ 16,968 – 19,852 (pro-rata) + excellent NHS benefitsDue to the expansion of the stroke service we have a variety of newly created positions. The posts will be based within neuroscience and situated in our stroke teams (ward based and early supported discharge team)
4 x 37.5 hours based in strokeTherapy support workers
are required by one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Based at Southmead Hospital with a basic of up to £16,968 + excellent NHS benefits,
This integrated role based in physiotherapy and occupational therapy supports patients with reduced mobility, muscle strength and flexibility, activities of daily living working providing a range of therapy interventions to facilitate recovery and promote independence.WHY APPLY?
The therapy support worker position is a fantastic opportunity to take on a role
- Working with a wide variety of patients across North Bristol Trust in areas such as medicine, orthopaedics and neuroscience
- Working alongside physiotherapists and occupational therapists to deliver therapy to patients. making a difference, improving patients independence
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to facilitate discharge home from hospital (home is best)
- Working within therapy teams where support and training will be provided
And not to mention the opportunity to further develop your professional career path within one of the UK's largest NHS Trusts (£550m turnover and 7000+ staff), all whilst working with fantastic bunch of colleagues and making the world a better place working for the NHS!THE ROLE:
As Therapy support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Treating patients referred by physiotherapists and occupational therapists. Tasks include personal and domestic activities of daily living, organising and implementing physical treatment sessions from treatment protocols, monitoring patient progress.
- Monitoring patient’s response to rehabilitation programmes, evaluating outcomes and adapting input as appropriate, working with patients towards their recovery and discharge
- Liaising with therapy staff and other members of the multidisciplinary team
The successful therapy support worker will have
- Supporting the administration to therapy teams with ordering of equipment data input and referrals
- NVQ level 3 or experiential learning experience/ competency to a similar level.
- Experience of working well within a team.
- An ability to organise own caseload.
- Experience of working under in- direct supervision
Salary whilst on training will be 70% Top of Band 3Apply now!
Or contact Liz Britton
or on Apply
if you have further questions.
For further details / informal visits contact:For further information please contact:
Liz Britton – Physio Lead Apply
The following is applicable for ‘At Risk’ employees, who must meet the essential shortlisting criteria to be eligible for interview.
Those from within North Bristol NHS Trust who apply for this role will be considered for shortlisting in the first instance.
Those from within the BNSSG (Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire) who apply for this role will be considered in the second instance.
Those covered by the South West Employment Transition Framework who apply for this role will be considered in the third instance.
If no applicant is appointed from the above ‘at-risk’ pools, those from the open market will then be considered for shortlisting.
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your applica