I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
We are seeking a committed and experienced Support Worker to join the busy Residential Childrens Home service on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the Channel Islands.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches , an especially mild and sunny climate , and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
This role requires the Support Worker to:
- Meet the physical, emotional, behavioural, cultural and educational needs of all Children and Young People that come into contact with the service.
- To work within the Child Protection / Safeguarding Policy and Procedure.
- To engage with the Children and Young People and be 'pro-active'.
- To provide support and guidance for Children and Young People in all aspects of their Education.
- To support and work alongside the Young Person to help them develop a true sense of identity and feeling of self-worth.
- To assist and support young people with the management of their own behaviour in conjunction with their Individual Positive Behaviour Support Plan.
Person requirements :
- To hold a clean current driving licence.
- An experienced Children's Support Worker; qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care, or equivalent.
- To be able to demonstrate organisational skills and a good standard of literacy and numeracy with the proven ability of completing administrative tasks and maintaining clear, concise records.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously with honesty, integrity and common sense.
- Ability to act as an appropriate role model for Children and Young People; encouraging participation in required activities.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- First 3 months accommodation free
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- An annual bonus of £1,120
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit Apply
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
£ 27284 - 31580 Per yearFull timePermanentSt Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
CHILDREN AND FAMILY COMMUNITY SERVICES RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKERCpl Healthcare in partnership with its client, States of Guernsey,...