I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
To provide leadership to the care team, to ensure the highest standards are achieved in all areas of the home including relationship centred care, lifestyle choices and dementia care to our residents and meets the code of conduct and company procedures.
To contribute to the achievement of the Hallmark Care Home Vision: “to be recognised as the leading provider of high quality relationship centred care for all residents.”
• Taking a lead role and assisting with all aspects of care within the home.
• Assisting with the recruitment and training of the care team; ensuring training targets are met and the teams are competent in their roles.
• Assisting and inspiring the care team to deliver exceptional outcomes of care.
• Liaising with the care coordinator role (if they are present in the home)
• Ensuring that all supervision, appraisal and performance management of the care team are carried out, supporting them to achieve their potential.
• Acting at all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and clients within the home.
• Attending any training sessions to further knowledge skills deemed necessary
• Ensuring all care team members attend required training and support them to apply the learning in the workplace
• Ensuring the prompt and appropriate reporting problems and issues upwards in the homes team structure
• Assist with care delivery in the home, to ensure continuous assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of residents care.
• Assisting with ensuring care plans are regularly reviewed and that they are appropriate to the residents needs and reflect the care being delivered.
• Ensuring that each resident receives the meal or diet that he/she has requested and is suitable for his/her needs.
• Assisting with all activities provided within the home to promote relationship centred care.
• Ensuring that all regulatory and statutory requirements are met and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Ensuring that the RN/Clinical Care Manager is made aware of any clinical issues within the home
• Assisting any duties requested by the RN or Clinical Care Manager • Assisting with admission and discharge of residents, including listing of resident’s property/clothing
• Maintaining confidentiality regarding resident’s particulars at all times
• Assisting and participating in activities within the Home as required
• Actively engage with residents in conversation and meaningful occupation related to their lifestyle choices at a level and pace that values the individual and respects their dignity and communication differences.
• Responding in a timely way to residents who are distressed (calling out, calling for help, knocking or making noises that suggest the need for support) or seek assistance if you feel unable to respond appropriately.
• Ensuring medication is ordered, stored, dispensed, administered and returned in line with company and local policies and procedures.
• Observing the five rights of medication.
• Maintaining the Health and Safety of self and others within the care home, reporting and recording any accidents or incidents or near misses.
• Working within the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines, in compliance with regulatory and legislative frameworks and in accordance with the Hallmark Care Homes Charter and Vision.
• QCF Diploma Level 3 Health & Social Care or willingness to work towards or Advance apprenticeship programme
• Minimum of two years shift leadership and management
• Proven track record in a care home environment delivering quality care
• Proven track record of leading, empowering, supporting and motivating a clinical team
• Experience delivering high quality relationship centred care (desirable) Good computer IT skills
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Excellent written, non-verbal and verbal communication skills
• Dementia knowledge
• Knowledge of and competence in Microsoft Office applications and Windows based operating environments – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Explorer
Apply online via the 'Apply' button.