I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
We're Medicare First, a nationwide social care recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified social work professionals for temporary and permanent work across the UKs local authorities. We work to provide a fair and ethical service to the workers we represent; it is central to our business ethos. The well-being of vulnerable adults and children and younger people can only be properly supported when our teams deliver on their commitment to our worker community.
To undertake all statutory roles & functions of an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP); approved & authorised under the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007). Provide a comprehensive social work and care coordination service to adults with mental health needs, specifically those with Psychotic disorders & within a defined service area. All staff will be expected to consider their role in the context of the objectives of the local authority & to contribute constructively to the continuous improvement, performance management & best value practice & in the interagency context of the Department's work.
The role will report into the AMHP Lead along with CMHT Manager. Our client is a forward thinking Council based in South London. The role in the Children's and Families department is focused on the delivery of services relating to vulnerable children, young people and complex families. These services will be delivered against specifications set by the People Commissioning function in line with the County Council's overarching outcomes.
* Undertake objective and independent assessments as prescribed under the Mental Health Act 1983 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005 to ensure individuals receive appropriate support and care to the highest standards in the least restrictive environment.
* Actively participate in AMHP Rotas ensuring full service is available at all times, noting deficits and raising any concerns with AMHP Lead.
* Following all MHA Assessments (MHAA) produce Report(s) in an agreed format and make available to AMHP Lead/Manager for annual appraisal and regular supervision.
* Ensure knowledge and awareness of all relevant MHA Policy & Procedures and practice within these; supporting AMHP Lead in development of same & informing AMHP Lead of any practice issues arising from these.
* Establish and promote effective working relationships within an Integrated Team setting & with external partners, agencies and other sections of the Directorate to improve practice and outcomes for individuals.
* Provide professional advice and guidance to team members and relevant others in respect of the Mental Health Act 1983 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005 to ensure that the services provided are consistent, integrated and of the highest standard.
* Prepare and present a portfolio for re-approval in line with the AMHP re-approval policy. Actively participating in, at least, annual appraisal of AMHP practice & undertaking at least, 18 hours of approved AMHP Refresher Training per year.
* Promote high standards of professional practice through delivering, reviewing and evaluation of interventions that will improve the quality of the outcomes for service users. Act as Care Coordinator for a varied caseload under Care Programme Approach.
What we need from you
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Current HCPC registration
* Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
* 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority Community Mental Health Teams
If you are passionate about delivering a high standard of social care and would like to work in a supportive forward-thinking environment, we would like to hear from you if you think you meet the requirements.
What you will receive from us
* Medicare First is a first tier recruitment provider to local authorities so you will have access to opportunities before they reach many other agencies
* Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
* Excellent rates of pay both (Umbrella companies, Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
* your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
* Your own personal consultant
* Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
Quick and Easy Registration Process
It is the policy of the company that no person acting on our behalf shall discriminate in any situation against another individual or group, directly or indirectly, because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, sex and sexual
£ 31 - 41 Per hourFull timeContractLondon, Greater London, England
AMHP - Flexible Hours - Competitive Pay - Locum or PermanentI am working with most Local Authorities in England, Wales and the Chan...
£ 40000 - 46000 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Help Develop a Local Authority Following a RestructureA London based Local Authority is seeking an experienced Social Work manager ...
£ 32 - 36 Per hourFull timeContractErith, Greater London, England
Island Social Worker - Free Flights + AccommodationI'm currently working with a unique Island Authority who have a position for an ...