Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a bigger difference to your career and to patient care with us.
Cygnet Hospital Wyke offers a range of mental health services for men including acute and psychiatric intensive care along with a specialist locked service for older men who continue to present behavioural challenges. We are looking for a Mental Health Admin to join our team.
In this role you'll:
• Oversee all aspects regarding The Mental Health Act 1983 of all clients within the hospital, managing patient section papers and maintaining accurate records
• Ensuring all relevant documentation is provided to all relevant agencies i.e. Mental Health Commission, Mental Health Review Tribunal, Solicitors, Social Workers and Psychiatrist
• Organising and attending Managers Panels and Mental Health Review Tribunals
• Liaising with Psychiatrists and organising timely renewals of sections in accordance with MHA 1983 and guidance notes from the Code of Practice and the Institute of Mental Health Act Practioners
• Organise regular care program approach meetings for patients with the MDT
• Co-ordinating solicitors for all patients to ensure they have legal representation for Manager’s Panels and Tribunals
• Ordering of all MHA documents from approved supplier
To provide a high level of administrative to support the implementation of the Mental Health Act across Cygnet Hospital Wyke. Lead administrator of the Mental Health Act which includes, maintaining, summarising, and reporting. In addition to having an understanding and knowledge of all legislative requirements.
We are looking for people who have:
• Previous administration experience including report preparation, organising meetings, liaising with customers/clients
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with qualifications in English and Maths
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Experience of working in a Healthcare environment alongside medical practitioners is desirable
• Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 (MHA 1983) is desirable
• Knowledge of compliance and auditing systems required by regulatory bodies (CQC) is desirable
In return we’ll offer you:
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Regular coaching and support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.