Looked After Children Senior Practitioner Gateshead
Are you looking for a fresh role?
Do you have a passion for supporting Looked After Children?
Look no further, Medicare has the role for you!
Medicare First is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated social worker to work full time working within a Looked After Children team based in Gateshead. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum social worker job is £25-26ph per hour and is an initial 3-month contract.
Senior Practitioner duties include:
- To undertake a strategic development role in the identification and effective delivery of the looked after and leaving care service, to scrutinise performance and implement effective and timely improvements to improve outcomes for Looked After Children
- To ensure appropriate operational management of the team and workload in line with Council priorities, procedures and good practice, ensuring the highest standards of practice by providing reflective supervision and consultation.
- To be an active member of the Services for Looked After Children Management Team involved in developing the service in line with strategic objectives and change for Children Agenda
- To line manage Practice Supervisors and Social Workers in the execution of their duties ensuring the highest standards of practice by providing reflective supervision and consultation
- To provide leadership and people management that creates a culture for teams and individuals to perform at their best.
- To monitor and control agreed budgets to ensure care plans meet children's needs within best value requirements and financial targets.
- To promote, develop and maintain effective inter-agency working to ensure the provision of a well co-ordinated service delivery
- To lead and deliver customer focused service delivery and achieve key results in line with agreed local and national indicators, outcomes and targets by working effectively with partners and service users.
- To develop and implement quality assurance functions in relation to the operation of the team
- To influence service redesign and transformation ensuring the team is fit for purpose.
- To ensure personal continuing professional development is sufficient to guarantee HCPC registration.
- To achieve best practice through continuous organisational learning and implementing quality assurance systems e.g. complaints investigation, file audits, achievement & development
- To adopt a proactive approach in harnessing new ideas and opportunities to develop a long term vision for the service and take responsibility for personal continuing professional development
- To prepare and present agreed reports to a range of forums as appropriate.
- To chair meetings, including planning and strategy meetings, that ensures effective and safe decision making, planning and demonstrating the appropriate use of Council resources
- To develop policy and procedures for the Service whilst working in collaboration with other teams and partners to ensure the smooth delivery of services for children and families.
- To deputise for the Service Manager.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
Requirements of the social worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority child protection teams
Benefits of working with Medicare First:
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- If this sound like a role for you then please Apply today, alternatively for more information call 0771502339 on 0161 509 7516or email firstname.lastname@example.org