I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Search Consultancy has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Team Manager to join the Care Leavers Team with a Local Authority in the West Midlands area. The ideal candidate must be an experienced manager with extensive previous experience of managing a team of Social Workers, ideally on a Leaving Care Team. This is a temporary contract expected to run until at least the end of August with the role then to be reviewed. The pay rate is £31.36 - £39.07 depending on experience.
* To manage and develop the operational functions within the divisional area of responsibility to meet departmental and corporate policies and objectives.
* To actively contribute and, where necessary, lead in strategic planning activity at a number of levels.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To provide clear management of and direction for the team/unit
* To be responsible for the development and implementation of team/unit business plans and to be accountable for the delivery of services accordingly
* To ensure the work of the team is consistent with National Social Work and Social Care objectives, including National Priorities Guidance and National or Regional Standards
* To effectively manage all team/unit budgets, as delegated by the Divisional Manager, to ensure that identified objectives are met
* To be responsible for the management of human resource activity within the team/unit
* To ensure that the Directorate is represented to the community in a way that encourages a better understanding of the Directorate's work
* To act as a facilitating channel of communication between the team/unit and other parts of the Directorate
* To commit to effective means of service user consultation, including a positive and responsive approach to managing complaints
* To participate in intra and inter departmental working groups, taking the Chair when necessary
* To represent the Directorate on outside bodies
* To attend Committees as required
* To contribute to departmental, corporate and inter-agency strategic planning activity
* To contribute to management information systems e.g. workload management
* To project manage and lead the implementation of new schemes and initiatives
* To provide expert advice to team/unit, senior management and external agencies as appropriate
* To promote the highest levels of professional knowledge amongst the designated staff group
* To promote Authority wide and Directorate policies in both employment practice and service delivery, in particular equal opportunities
* To comply with the Authority's Financial Regulations and Standing Orders
* To undertake other specific duties as may be necessary and outlined by the Divisional Manager
This role is subject to HCPC, DBS and reference checks.
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award £250 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 50 hours in a temporary position. Please call Mike Shaw at the Search Manchester office for further details about this and the above vacancy.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
£ 27.53 - 32.34 Per hourFull timeTemporaryStaffordshire Technology Park, Stafford, Staffordshire, England
Qualified Social Work - Child ProtectionNorth BirminghamFull-Time, Substantial post qualifying experience, HCPC Registered, Diploma...
£ 37000 - 45000 Per yearFull timePermanentWolverhampton, West Midlands, England
ATM - Fostering Service - Up to £45k a year package - Help them expand therapeuticallyI am currently looking for an experienced Fos...