Join a newly developed Specialised Mental Health Rehabilitation Programme, which offers individualised support plans to residents with severe and enduring mental illnesses and complex needs to help them recover and to regain the skills and confidence required to live an independent life.
- Support patients to take ownership of their recovery based on the recovery principles hope, control and opportunity
- Assist and support patients with personal development plans
- Assist patients with hygiene, personal care, mobility, physical comfort and eating and drinking, whilst promoting their self-esteem and independence
- Help prepare and accompany patients to appointments and social outings or activities
- Help patients to understand their rights and choices within the service and the supports available to access these
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, attending regular meetings to discuss the service and patients developments
- Hold a QQI Level 6 in Mental Health (or be willing to undertake)
- Hold a QQI Level 5 (8 modules) in Healthcare (Mandatory Healthcare modules required are: Communications, Work Experience, Care Skills, Care Support, Safety & Health at Work. Elective modules are: Recovery Mental Health, Social Studies, Care of the Elderly, Nutrition, Activities of Living Patient Care, Infection Prevention & Control, Human, Growth and Development).
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Healthcare Assistant/Support Worker.
- Previous experience in a psychiatric environment is an advantage.
- Have experience in adult mental health services/rehabilitation mental services services/community based mental health services.
- Have completed Wellness Recovery Action Programme (WRAP) training and experience of operating this model of care Health (or be willing to undertake).
- Possess a strong knowledge of the Mental Health Commission requirements.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of health, safety and other statutory regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
For further information, please forward your CV to Meigheann.Lyons@cplhealthcare.com or call our Meigheann for more information on 01 482 5446.