My client is seeking a Peer Support Worker to join their newly developed Specialised Mental Health Rehabilitation Programme. This role was introduced within the HSE, only last year, so will be a new and exciting opportunity for the right candidate, who will play an integral and active role in a committed multi-disciplinary team to make significant contributions in the development of mental health rehabilitation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Help patients identify their strengths, interests and goals
- Give patients control of their own recovery through the recovery principles of hope, control and opportunity
- Assist patients with their personal development plans and implementing them, to ensure they move through and beyond the service
- Relate with the patients, sharing your own experience and the coping mechanisms and skills you developed to get you where you are today
- Act as a coach and support figure for the patients
- Promote and support independent living for patients, involvement in their communities and connections with family and friends
- Document and report any changes or developments in the patient and attend regular meetings with the team to discuss
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, effectively communicating with everyone, ensuring the best possible results are achieved
- Hold a Qualification in Peer Support Working in Mental Health.
- Have a minimum of 1 years post qualification experience as a Peer Support Worker.
- Have experience in adult mental health services/rehabilitation mental services services/community based mental health services.
- Have completed Wellness Recovery Action Programme (WRAP) training and experience of operating this model of care.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the Mental Health Commission requirements.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of health, safety and other statutory regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
For further information, please forward your CV to Apply or call our Meigheann for more information on Apply.