Are you passionate about the safeguarding and welfare of children in your borough while also getting the support and training you need? Well our client has an exciting opportunity for experienced Social Worker to help towards this goal. Why work for our client?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competitive salary, leave and access to the local government pension scheme
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- Manageable caseloads
- Retention of continuous service benefits
- Travel and transport discounts
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of young people, giving due consideration to their race, culture, religion and linguistic background.
- To manage an agreed caseload of children and young people in compliance with casework objectives, statutory and departmental policy and procedural requirements, consistently maintaining the highest level of professional standards.
- To undertake direct social work responsibilities as an allocated worker to the children and young people assigned, investigating concerns regarding a child or young person’s safety or wellbeing, make an assessment of the risk and protective factors in the family and decide on the most appropriate course of action.
- To work to range of legal options to support investigation and protection and accommodation; if required give evidence in court; using contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances.
- Complete short term work with families for up to 12 weeks in order to meet identified need and prevent long term involvement.
- To work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to formulate care plans in partnership, based on their assessment of need, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to their planning;
- Relevant Social Work Qualification – CQSW, Diploma in Social Work or BA/MA in Social Work
- Current HCPC Registration
- A driving licence valid for use in the UK and use of a car for work purposes
- DBS Clearance
- Minimum 2 years Social Work experience (post qualification)
If you are interested in this position please click 'apply' below.Earn more than ever before
We have recently updated our refer a friend scheme: You can now earn even more for every friend you recommend (up to £500), and there is no limit to how many friends you send to us. Find out more at Apply
/recommend-a-friend HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability. This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. HCL operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK.