Social Worker Mental Health, Galway
- € 21.84 - 31.75 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 19 Nov 2020
- 16 May 2021
Social Worker, community mental health, Galway.
Basic and Senior Grades considered. This is an excellent opportunity and will commence immediately.
The social worker will be part of a multi disciplinary team led by a Consultant Psychiatrist, and including Community mental Health nurses, an Occupational Therapist and a Psychologist.
The team works with service users and their families living in Galway city area who have serious mental illnesses including a diagnosis of Schizophrenia and Bi Polar Disorder, depression, anxiety and emotional dsyregulation - up to 65 years of age.
The team receive their referrals mainly from GP’s in the area. The post holder will be involved in providing community mental health services to service users living in their own homes as well as those who are residing in HSE run hostels.
The Social Work Service operates within a recovery focused model of service delivery and the social worker is expected to be familiar with and provide services within this model.
Essential requirements for a senior are:
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker
- Membership of CORU
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in order to be conisdered for a senior role.
- Experience of working with adults in a mental health setting.
Desirable experience / skills:
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team, ideally an mental health team is desirable.
- Additional training / qualifications in therapeutic approaches to working with adults