Social Worker - Safeguarding and Supporting Families
Torquay, Devon, England
- £ 38.0 - 38.0 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 17 Nov 2020
- 15 Dec 2020
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children across Torbay.
To work in partnership with children and families to address their social, emotional and environmental needs. The wishes of children and their families are of vital importance in formulating any plans in conjunction with multi-agency networks. Overall the role is to safeguard and promote the welfare of the most vulnerable children and young people in Worcestershire through the delivery of high quality services.
* As an experienced social worker, it is a requirement to be working towards a level of operating self-sufficiently in the application of relevant legislation, policy, procedures and social work theory (within normal arrangements for management accountability).
* · The Social Worker must ensure the well-being and safety of the child/young person is paramount. This is through gathering and analysing all necessary information to complete a range of assessments that comply with statutory requirements and may require the Social Worker to consider alternative placements for the child or young person.
* · To carry out tasks that fulfils the statutory requirements of children and young people receiving services.
* · The Social Worker may be expected, on occasions, to represent the Authority in court and also may be required to attend as a witness or give evidence.
* · To attend a range of meetings to update and exchange information, make decisions and review progress.
* · To create, develop and review multi-agency outcome focussed plans for children and young people.
* · The Social Worker will undertake day duty tasks as required. Duty tasks will require telephone calls, visits or attending meetings.
* · The Social Worker will be required to collect and maintain accurate records and update appropriate systems which are both confidential and in-keeping with relevant legislation, e.g. data protection.
* · To participate in the supervision process.
* · The Social Worker will be required to attend relevant training courses and staff development programmes as part of their continued professional development.
* Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
* Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
* Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 31365.0 - 37890.0 Per yearFull timePermanentBristol, City of Bristol, England
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust(AWP) provides inpatient and community-based mental health care for people li...
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
If you haven't seen the Social Worker role that's right for you here, our jobsite is updated daily with a variety of new Nursing, T...