Permanent Social Worker – Safeguarding
West Midlands, England
- £ 28785.0 - 33799.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Nov 2020
- 13 Dec 2020
Qualified Social Worker - Permanent - Birmingham - Safeguarding
We are currently looking for Social Workers to join the Children's safeguarding service within Birmingham Children's Trust. There are a number of vacancies based in different locations across the city.
This is a full time permanent position. Interviews are being held on Thursday 26th November via Microsoft Teams.
About the Role:
As a Social Worker, you will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and families. This will include managing a complex and diverse caseload. You must have excellent written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver reports to conferences and court hearings. You will need substantial knowledge of childcare legislation and experience of conducting assessments as well as presenting care plans to conferences and reviews. You must be passionate about working with families to achieve the best outcome and will be a competent and proactive team player to support the smooth running and working of the service.
- 2 years post qualifying experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience of safeguarding and care proceedings essential
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate assessment tools and research.
- Experience of child Protection, Care planning and Court work.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Stable management structure
- Excellent training and career progression
- Training provided
- Good rates of pay
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 38.0 - 38.0 Per hourFull timeContractTorquay, Devon, England
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of childr...