Leatherhead, Surrey, England
- £ 11.0 - 11.0 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 12 Nov 2020
- 12 Dec 2020
- Post Code
- KT22 8TX
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Job Copy
- If you have experience in a similar role organising a varied programme of activities and you’re looking for a rewarding role that offers great training and opportunities to develop, join Care UK as a Lifestyle Lead and make a real difference.
Being a Lifestyle Lead at Care UK
Lifestyle Leads at Care UK have excellent interpersonal skills. They enjoy being part of a team and working with residents to ensure they lead fulfilling lives. They use their own initiative and share ideas with others to bring about improvements. They’re IT literate and happy to work flexibly according to the activities that have been planned. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have the perfect role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Lifestyle Lead is about creating, organising and providing a varied and appropriate programme of activities for residents. Activities based around the needs, wishes and desires of the residents we support that will enable them to live healthier, more independent and fulfilling lives. It's about liaising with residents, relatives, friends and colleagues to gain a full understanding of their likes, dislikes, interests, abilities and difficulties. It's about advertising and promoting the planned activities in a way that encourages involvement of all residents, relatives and colleagues. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Relevant experience is essential. You’ll also need the ability to build rapport, positively influence others and communicate effectively with residents to understand their needs to compile social care plans for them. You’ll be keen to learn and improve your own performance, happy to go the extra mile to support resident’s and have a ‘can-do’ approach to your work. You’ll be highly organised, able to prioritise your work effectively and and retaining information accurately. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where you’re challenged, but where every day is varied and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
- Full of charm and character, Milner House has a real sense of history.
Milner House is an attractive, well-converted care home located in a quiet and leafy area of Leatherhead in Surrey. We offer residential, nursing and respite care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. We also offer sensitive and supportive end of life care.
Built in the 1890s, Milner House is an impressive listed Victorian mansion with original portraits on the staircase and a piano in the reception area. The home provides the highest standard of comfort and security for residents, but still retains a great deal of character and a sense of history.
Our friendly and welcoming team places an emphasis on making sure that we always communicate well with residents and their loved ones. We take the time to find out what residents think and we value what they have to say. Our regular meetings with residents and families are a chance for us to get valuable feedback and to share news about daily life at the home and any developments we have planned.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent,