Dementia Care Assistant - Days or Nights
Frome, Somerset, England
- £ 9.4 - 10.4 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 11 Nov 2020
- 9 Dec 2020
Join our home and provide the very best care to our residents. Build your skills and enjoy great benefits.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity available for a Care Assistant experienced with dementia care and/or challenging behaviour to join our friendly team. Working at our home, you’ll look after our residents’ health, wellbeing and happiness. Your day-to-day tasks may include helping with residents’ social activities, serving in the dining room, tidying residents’ rooms, answering help bells and assisting with their dressing and personal care. Above all, you’ll be helping our residents feel comfortable and safe while they enjoy an exceptional quality of life in an atmosphere of respect, trust and joy.
We’re looking for dedicated people who are simply passionate about helping others. Experience with care home residents with dementia, or other challenging behaviour is preferable.
For this role, successful candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills and a great team player
- The ability to make responsible decisions that are always in the resident’s interest
- An NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care is desirable but not essential, and you should be willing to get further training if needed
As well as a competitive salary we offer some great benefits including:
- 28 days holiday
- Ongoing career training and development
- A fantastic range of discounts and offers from many high street/ online retailers
- Workplace Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Recognising great work through our ‘Heart & Soul’ awards scheme
- Wellbeing services, financial loans and more.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at a Gracewell care home click here
How to apply:
If this sounds like a job for you, and you are interested in applying for this vacancy we would like to hear from you, please click the ‘apply now’ button and one of our team will be in contact with you very soon.
Salary is dependent on experience.
This job was posted to Care assistant in Frome, Somerset, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 50000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentBristol, City of Bristol, England
Clinical Lead | Lovely Nursing Home | 50/50 Supernumerary Salary: Up to £50,000 *DOE* Location: Bristol...