Team Leader Care
Orpington, Greater London, England
- £ 11.61 - 11.61 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 8 Nov 2020
- 8 Dec 2020
- Post Code
- BR6 7LP
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Nights only
- Job Copy
- If you have NVQ Level 3 and proven experience of caring for older people, and are looking for a rewarding role that comes with excellent training and great opportunities for personal development, join Care UK as a Team Leader and make a real difference.
Being a Team Leader at Care UK
Team Leaders at Care UK are flexible in approach and have broad experience of caring for others and leading shifts. They’re great at building relationships and inspiring others too. Collaborating and sharing information and ideas comes naturally to them, as does using tact and diplomacy to deal with challenging situations and quickly resolving them. Their innovations help to raise standards, while their passion for what they do is second to none. And, they consider it a privilege to be trusted to look after others. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Team Leader Is about acting as a role model by leading and supervising carers day-to-day, working alongside them and completing regular staff appraisals. It’s also about taking responsibility for case managing residents and liaising with families, health care professional and other stakeholders to ensure that the best care plans are created and delivered. Working closely with nurses to develop the services we provide is an important aspect of the role too, as is administering medication and carrying out risk assessments. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Well-organised, IT literate and adept at allocating and delegating work appropriately, you have a proven ability to lead and supervise others and a good understanding of care planning processes. What’s more, you're trained, or willing to train, to administer medication and used to contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for residents. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
- Foxbridge House care home located in Orpington, Kent offers the highest standards of specialist care for older people.
This beautiful, spacious and purpose-built care home, which opened in March 2013, has a wealth of luxury features, designed to create a lively, family atmosphere and to enable residents to get the most out of every day. Our facilities include a hair and nail salon, a luxurious retro-themed cinema – with a cinema club that the residents run themselves – plus a coffee shop, Cherries, which is a popular spot for socialising with friends and family. Lounges, dining rooms and comfortable sitting areas throughout the care home also add to the ‘five star’ feel.
Foxbridge House care home provides a wide range of care options to suit different needs. We provide residential and nursing care, as well as short respite care. This is ideal for giving family carers a well-earned break. Their older loved one also enjoys a change of scene in stunning surroundings in the 24-hour care of our dedicated team