Highley, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, England
- £ 8.87 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Permanent, Bank
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 2 Nov 2020
- 4 Dec 2020
Avenues Group - We put people first!
We’re looking for Support Workers to work with us at a brand new service in Highley, supporting a young male adult, who is moving into his first home, and who has learning disabilities, autism and some challenges in behaviour.
Supporting him in his day to day life at home, you will support him as well within the community and engaging him in meaningful activities.
As a Support Worker you will;
• Ensure the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential
• Accompany the people we support to activities, appointments, education etc.
• Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
• Help with personal care such as supporting with showering, toileting and dressing.
Full training will be provided and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one.
Highley is a village in the East of Shropshire with very limited transports links, therefore if applicants are not local, successful applicants to hold a full valid driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
Nearest locations - Telford, Wolverhampton, Kidderminster and Worcestershire.
• Various contracts available – Full time, part time or bank hours
• Shift work – days 8am – 10pm, with sleep ins, Waking Nights 10pm – 8am, weekends and Bank Holidays - (24/7, subject to change).
Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
• No experience needed but would be beneficial
• Have the ability to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed
• Have energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible
• Have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles
• Have an understanding of and empathy for the people you are supporting
• Show commitment to personal and professional development.
We offer our Support Workers (T&C’s apply):
• Our pay is £8.87 per hour + benefits
• Paid enhanced DBS
• E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
• Regular one to one supervision
• Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350
• Increasing annual leave with length of service
• Flexible working
• Occupational sick pay
• Maternity/paternity pay
• Employee Assistance Programme
Apply today to find out more about careers with Avenues and how you can make a positive difference to someone’s life.