Senior Care Assistant
Cheadle, Greater Manchester, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 29 Oct 2020
- 28 Nov 2020
- Post Code
- SK8 2PD
- Job Copy
You’re a caring person with a can-do attitude. You already have experience supporting older people, ideally including those with dementia. You’ve got the confidence to lead a care team and act as champion for the safety and dignity of residents. You have a good understanding of care planning with a Level 3 vocational qualification in Health and Social Care (either a diploma or NVQ). To you, caring is more than just a job. It’s a chance to use your compassion and skills – to make a real difference. To help you succeed, we’ll give you excellent support, quality training and fast-track career opportunities.
As a key member of the care team, you’ll put residents at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be happy to go the extra mile to make sure individual residents receive high quality care in a safe, dignified way. You’ll lead by example, supporting and inspiring your team to deliver the very best standards of care. And you’ll liaise with GPs and other healthcare professionals to ensure residents get the medical care they need. As part of a close-knit, friendly team, you’ll use your initiative and talent to contribute to the success of the home. In return, we’ll help you build a successful career.
As a Senior Care Assistant at Care UK, you can look forward to:
• Competitive pay – we pay more than the average
• Fast-track career options, e.g. into nursing or management roles
• Quality training to develop your skills
• Flexible hours, including a choice of day, night or weekend shifts
• Bank holiday enhancements
• Stakeholder pension
• Childcare vouchers
• Free uniform
• Thousands of online and in-store discounts
About Care UK
- We run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK. We provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. As one of the UK’s leading care home providers, our goal is to help every employee fulfil his or her potential – with first-class training and support
- Where you'll work
- Abney Court, Cheshire, opened in September 2015 and delivers a range of quality care in modern and luxurious surroundings.
The 80-bed home, built and managed by Care UK, provides round-the-clock residential care and short-term respite care, as well as specialist care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
The care home is built in the beautiful grounds of Abney Hall, where historical figures such as Prince Albert and Agatha Christie once stayed and is easy to get to via major road links including the M60 and the A560.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.