Specialist Support Worker - SEN and Disability
Durham, Durham, England
- £ 12.39 - 12.39 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Studying / Unqualified
- 15 Oct 2020
- 12 Nov 2020
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Specialist Support Worker to work with the SEND Service in Durham. This position is for a period of 6 months (with a possible extension) and will initially be for one day per week on a Friday. The role would involve working in a nursery in the morning and juniors in the afternoon. The hourly rate is £12.39 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To complement the work of school staff and SEND & Inclusion Service Managers by taking responsibility for the organisation and support of agreed learning activities for groups of pupils, or specific individual pupils who all have complex special educational needs.
* Plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher and/or external SEND & Inclusion specialist , differentiating and adapting learning programmes to suit the needs of individual pupils;
* To work with children and young people who have extremely complex or additional needs and in some instances life limiting conditions;
* Supply specialist support with direction and guidance from SEND & Inclusion Specialists, allowing pupils to access the curriculum and to participate fully in school activities;
* Coaching /Assisting classroom and Learning Support Assistants within schools in area of specialism
* Qualifications: N/A.
* Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
* Compliance: Current DBS check.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 1 day per week.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.