Team Leader Care
Godalming, Surrey, England
- £ 11.36 - 11.36 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 6 Oct 2020
- 5 Nov 2020
- Post Code
- GU7 3BF
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Job Copy
- If you have NVQ Level 3 and proven experience of caring for older people, and are looking for a rewarding role that comes with excellent training and great opportunities for personal development, join Care UK as a Team Leader and make a real difference.
Being a Team Leader at Care UK
Team Leaders at Care UK are flexible in approach and have broad experience of caring for others and leading shifts. They’re great at building relationships and inspiring others too. Collaborating and sharing information and ideas comes naturally to them, as does using tact and diplomacy to deal with challenging situations and quickly resolving them. Their innovations help to raise standards, while their passion for what they do is second to none. And, they consider it a privilege to be trusted to look after others. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Team Leader Is about acting as a role model by leading and supervising carers day-to-day, working alongside them and completing regular staff appraisals. It’s also about taking responsibility for case managing residents and liaising with families, health care professional and other stakeholders to ensure that the best care plans are created and delivered. Working closely with nurses to develop the services we provide is an important aspect of the role too, as is administering medication and carrying out risk assessments. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Well-organised, IT literate and adept at allocating and delegating work appropriately, you have a proven ability to lead and supervise others and a good understanding of care planning processes. What’s more, you're trained, or willing to train, to administer medication and used to contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for residents. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
- We provide residential and respite care for older people, including individuals with dementia.
Broadwater Lodge is an attractive, purpose-built care home located in the small town of Farncombe, close to Godalming in Surrey. We provide residential and respite care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia, and we have our own day club. We also offer compassionate and supportive end of life care.
At Broadwater Lodge, we provide person-centred care that promotes an independent and active lifestyle. To help us create individualised care plans, we work with residents and family members to complete 'life story' books, all about each person’s experiences and interests. Offering the very highest standards of care is very important to us and we're currently implementing the Gold Standards Framework to demonstrate the quality of our end of life care.
Our dedicated, specialist team has created a very warm, homely atmosphere where residents feel settled and their loved ones are always welcome. Our reception areas featu