Team Leader Care Nights
Chester, Cheshire, England
- £ 10.29 - 10.29 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 6 Oct 2020
- 5 Nov 2020
- Post Code
- CB3 6BS
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Night shifts 8pm - 8am
- Job Copy
If you have NVQ Level 3 and proven experience of caring for older people, and are looking for a rewarding role that comes with excellent training and great opportunities for personal development, join Care UK as a Team Leader and make a real difference.
Being a Team Leader at Care UK
Team Leaders at Care UK are flexible in approach and have broad experience of caring for others and leading shifts. They’re great at building relationships and inspiring others too. Collaborating and sharing information and ideas comes naturally to them, as does using tact and diplomacy to deal with challenging situations and quickly resolving them. Their innovations help to raise standards, while their passion for what they do is second to none. And, they consider it a privilege to be trusted to look after others. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Team Leader Is about acting as a role model by leading and supervising carers day-to-day, working alongside them and completing regular staff appraisals. It’s also about taking responsibility for case managing residents and liaising with families, health care professional and other stakeholders to ensure that the best care plans are created and delivered. Working closely with nurses to develop the services we provide is an important aspect of the role too, as is administering medication and carrying out risk assessments. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Well-organised, IT literate and adept at allocating and delegating work appropriately, you have a proven ability to lead and supervise others and a good understanding of care planning processes. What’s more, you're trained, or willing to train, to administer medication and used to contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for residents. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Specific skills based training
- Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Earn whilst you learn and take on an apprenticeship
- Flexible hours, including a choice of day, night or weekend shifts
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Stakeholder pension
- Free uniform
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
- Deewater Grange on Chester Road in Huntington opened in winter 2019 and provides an extensive range of quality care services, including residential and nursing care, short term respite care plus specialist dementia care. At Care UK, we believe in supporting residents to live fulfilling lives and supporting residents to continue doing the things they enjoy. We have our own cinema, coffee shop and hair and beauty salon to enable residents to continue enjoying a great lifestyle. The only difference is that expert care will be on hand 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.