Night Support Worker
Ottershaw, Chertsey, Surrey, England
- £ 18000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 16 Sep 2020
- 23 Oct 2020
Avenues Group - we put people first!
We’re looking for Night Support Workers to work with us in Ottershaw, Chertsey supporting adults who have learning disabilities, dementia and mobility needs in a supported living environment. The individuals all have varying support needs so someone who is able to adapt to different scenarios would be beneficial.
As a Support Worker you will;
• Ensure the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential
• Accompany the people we support to activities, appointments, education etc.
• Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
• Help with personal care such as supporting with showering, toileting and dressing.
Full training will be provided and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one.
• Various contracts available – Full time, part time or bank hours
• Work full or part time covering night shifts spread across the week, weekends and Bank holidays. [SUBJECT TO CHANGE]
• Please note that potentially some early and late shifts will be included due to the needs of this service.
Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
• No experience needed but would be beneficial
• Have the ability to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed
• Have energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible
• Have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles
• Have an understanding of and empathy for the people you are supporting
• Show commitment to personal and professional development
We offer our Support Workers (T&C’s apply):
• £18,000 per annum + benefits
• Paid enhanced DBS
• E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
• Regular one to one supervision
• Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350
• Increasing annual leave with length of service
• Flexible working
• Occupational sick pay
• Maternity/paternity pay
• Employee Assistance Programme
Apply today to find out more about careers with Avenues and how you can make a positive difference to someone’s life.