Woking, Surrey, England
- £ 33000.0 - 35000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 16 Sep 2020
- 14 Oct 2020
Occupational Therapist, Surrey
Howard Finley Care are currently recruiting for our client's fantastic organisation who are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join their dedicated care team.
- Full-time, Permanent
- DUAL SITE WORKING: Kingston upon Thames/Bagshot, Surrey
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
***** Rehabilitation services are seeking an experienced and highly motivated occupational therapist for our neurorehabilitation centres based in Kingston upon Thames and Bagshot, surrey.
My Client delivers comprehensive, neurological rehabilitation packages which include complex nursing care, intensive therapy packages, maintenance and slow-stream rehabilitation. This is an opportunity to work with a diverse and complex caseload, which include individuals with prolonged disorders of consciousness, traumatic brain injury, acquired brain injury, spinal cord injury and progressive neurological conditions.
The post holder will be delivering a wide range of treatment and interventions including complex postural management, ADL rehabilitation, upper limb rehabilitation, cognitive rehabilitation, community reintegration and complex discharge planning.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work within a specialist multidisciplinary team to develop your skills in neuro rehabilitation. You will work alongside highly specialist physiotherapists, speech and language therapist, neuropsychologist, rehab trained nurses, a neuro rehabilitation consultant and rehabilitation assistants.
This post would suit a clinician who is motivated to shape and develop the neurorehabilitation services.
What you will need:
- Professional Qualification - BSc or Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Current HCPC registration
- Range of post graduate OT experience in a variety of relevant core specialties including neurological rehabilitation
- Experience at Band 6 level or equivalent
- Experience of working within an MDT
- Comprehensive experience of working as an OT with patients with complex conditions
- High level specialist assessment, management & treatment skills
- Good clinical reasoning skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to present complex information in a comprehensible way
- Good teaching ability and education experience to provide training to carers and nursing staff
What we are offering:
- Competitive rates of pay
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Free, face-to-face & interactive training
- Career development and opportunities
- Simply Health insurance scheme,
- NEST pension plan
- Free DBS check*
- Refer a friend scheme*
- Long service reward scheme
- Employee of the quarter recognition
*subject to T&Cs
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your most up to date CV. Alternatively, contact Charlie on Applyto discuss the vacancy further.
Howard Finley acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.