Homelessness Support Worker
Ashford, Kent, England
- £ 11.24 - 11.24 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Studying / Unqualified
- 15 Sep 2020
- 13 Oct 2020
Seven Social Care are looking for a Temporary Homelessness Support Worker based in Ashford, Kent. This post is initially for 3 months but likely to be extended. They are offering a great pay rate of £11.24 per hour.
Do you want to play your part in ending Rough Sleeping for good?
The Everybody In response to the Covid-19 pandemic has shown that we can make a massive impact on supporting rough sleepers to get off the streets and into accommodation. The challenge before us is to ensure that this effort is not wasted and that people can leave rough sleeping behind for good.
We need your to help us make this vision a reality in Kent. We are looking to recruit 2x Full Time Community Navigators in Ashford, Kent working 37.5 hours per week. We will be flexible with you in agreeing how these hours are structured across the working week and this may involve some evenings and weekends, subject to negotiation prior to appointment. .
* Ensuring people have access to the right support networks e.g. drug/alcohol services, healthcare etc.
* Multi-agency working with Ashford Borough Council's Rough Sleeper Co-Ordinator and other key supporting agencies.
* Creating links to the local community through (for example) volunteering, social activities, wellbeing activities etc.
* Supporting people to access education, training and employment opportunities.
* Delivering personalised support packages helping people to identify their own strength, hopes and aspirations and working with people to realise them.
* Qualifications: N/A
* Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role.
* Compliance: Up to date DBS.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.