Deputy Care Manager – Birmingham – up to £25k
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
- £ 0.0 - 25000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 10 Sep 2020
- 8 Oct 2020
Deputy Care Manager - Birmingham - up to £25k
Working Monday to Friday - Alternate weekends
Amber Mace are currently recruiting for an experienced deputy manager to join a fantastic team who uphold their record with CQC in the highest regard.
If you are a Team Leader looking for career progression or Deputy Manager with experience providing care & support to adults with learning and physical disabilities then this is the opportunity for you.
You will be working for a national care home provider, promoting an atmosphere that enables residents to live as independently and comfortably as possible. The Deputy Manager will assist the Registered Manager with management duties to ensure the effective running of the home. You will be required to undertake the duties of the Manager in their absence and lead by example.
As Deputy Manager, you will need to be an energetic and committed individual who has recent experience of working with adults with learning and physical disabilities.
Main Duties for Deputy Manager:
• Support and deputise for the Home Manager in their absence
• Assist the delegation of workloads and care resources
• Ensure accurate care records are kept and incidents/accidents are reported in accordance to the company policy
• Promote and maintain a high standard of care
• To ensure effective induction of all staff, together with supervision of trained staff, as well as providing mentorship, assessment and induction of new care staff
• Conform to the latest guidelines and maintain the highest levels of care governance whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures.
• Minimum requirement NVQ Level 4 (or working towards).
• Previous experience in relation to learning disabilities/challenging behaviour.
• Proven leadership skills with a track record managing a care home in the absence of a manager.
• Experience dealing effectively with complaints and able to perform under pressure.
• A team player with the ability to work across a multidisciplinary team.
• Strong commercial acumen.
To be put forward for this exciting role please do not hesitate in calling Claire at Amber Mace on Applyor email your CV to Apply