Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 7 Sep 2020
- 7 Oct 2020
- Post Code
- TS4 3EB
- Job Copy
- If you have a passion for helping others to get the most out of life and some experience gained in a similar role, joining Care UK as a Lifestyle Coordinator may be the right move for you. A rewarding career that comes with great training, you’ll have a real opportunity to develop in our fast paced, expanding business.
Being a Lifestyle Coordinator at Care UK
Lifestyle Coordinators at Care UK have the ability to understand residents’ needs and go the extra mile to support them to live a fulfilling life. They enjoy sharing ideas with others and strive to find ways to improve residents’ quality of life. With a formidable ‘can-do’ approach to their work, lots of initiative and team player skills, they’re keen to continuously learn and improve too. Do you have the same sort of attributes?
What you’ll be doing
Being a Lifestyle Coordinator is about creating, organising and communicating a varied programme of activities for residents. It’s also about empowering each resident individually, assisting them with their ability to participate and enabling them to achieve their goals. You’ll do this by spending quality time with residents and their families in order to gain a full understanding of their interests and aspirations. Meaningful activity is the result and the responsibility of all colleagues input, so you’ll work closely with the team to involve everyone in the home and make this successful. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Some relevant experience is essential, as is the ability to compile social care plans for residents and maintain confidentiality. We’ll also be looking for excellent interpersonal skills and a flair for prioritising a busy workload. Someone who’s able to retain information and carry out instructions accurately, keeping accurate written records is important too. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more enjoyable and want to work in an environment where the work can be challenging, but also fun, fullfilling and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
- The Willows care home offers quality care in a warm, relaxed and homely atmosphere.
The Willows is a modern, purpose-built care home set in a quiet residential area of Middlesbrough and is sometimes known locally as Woodside Resource Centre. We offer specialist nursing, residential, respite and day care for older people who have Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia.
We also offer a flexible day care service to older people living in the area who have dementia, as well as compassionate and supportive end of life care.
We work hard to make sure residents feel comfortable, settled and happy. Our team at The Willows spend time getting to know residents so that we can provide personalised care and offer the food and activities they like most.
We encourage residents to stay active and there’s something for everyone with regular outings, visits from professional entertainers and activities such as painting, memory games and card making. We even have a ‘wandering pathway’ within the home, so that residents with dementia are able to explore freely. You can learn more about daily life at The Willows here.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and wi
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 0.0 - 10.91 Per hourFull timePermanentMiddlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England
Senior Care Assistant Middlesbrough - £10.91p/h!Days and Nights availableBenefits: Pension, 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays), L...