Senior Care Worker
Derby, Derbyshire, England
- £ 13.04 - 13.04 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified, Studying / Unqualified
- 7 Sep 2020
- 5 Oct 2020
Seven Social Care are currently looking for a temporary Senior Care Worker to work in Derby. This position is initially until the end of the year and involves working 25 hours per week. The hourly rate is £13.04 (paid to you via an umbrella company).
The senior care worker would be responsible for the day to day running of the service and administer medication to residents dealing with health emergencies and incidents like falls etc. The Council would offer an induction and shadowing period and take you through the medication policy and complete a medication observation and ensure you're safe before signing you off. The shifts would be 4 shift or either a 6.45am till 2.30pm or 2.15pm till 10.15pm which would include weekends and bank holidays. There is a second senior care worker who is also on duty with you but you would be responsible for covering a service and managing the day to day care of older people who were living with dementia. The Unit Manager or Deputy would also be on duty for part of the shift.
* Role modelling best practice in person-centred care and support.
* Organising services to meet client needs via direct provision and/or advice and support
* Undertaking regular reviews and individual risk assessments of client's personal service plans.
* Working alongside other professionals and liaising with other agencies such as health, community and emergency services to actively support clients and promote the service
* Supporting clients in line with their agreed plans and assessments with personal care, domestic tasks, medication and health related activities
* Supporting clients to meet their identified social and emotional needs.
* Assisting with tasks which support a client to maintain their independence.
* Alerting and escalating to others changes in client needs including families and carers
* Responding and coordination in emergency situations through liaison with others, as appropriate.
* Qualifications: NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care.
* Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
* Compliance: Current DBS check.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 25 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.