Service Manager - Placements Service
Halifax, West Yorkshire, England
- £ 400.0 - 450.0 Per week
- Full time
- Job level
- 4 Sep 2020
- 2 Oct 2020
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Service Manager to work with a Placements Service in Calderdale. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and will be paying £400 - £450 per day (paid to you via an umbrella company).
Ensure the safety and wellbeing of the vulnerable children of Calderdale.
Tirelessly pursue improved outcomes for children, especially those which are looked after or subject to Child Protection Plans.
Ensure the effectiveness, availability and value for money of all local authority services for children and young people.
Enable the Head of Children's Social Care to provide leadership for Children's Social Care.
Secure and sustain the changes to culture and practice that will improve outcomes for all children and young people.
Support the development of effective partnerships within and between the local bodies that provide children's services to focus resources (financial, human and physical) on improving outcomes for all children and young people.
* Direct line management responsibility for Locality Team/Unit Managers within Children's Social Care and through them, for a range of social work, child care, administrative and business support staff.
* Make strategic decisions and make recommendations to the Head of Service and Group Director of Children & Young People's Services regarding policies, and service development in Children's Social Care.
* As a member of the Children's Social Care Management Team to ensure that all appropriate mechanisms are in place for achieving continuous improvement in the performance and development of the Service with particular responsibility for the effective performance management of Children's Social Care.
* Lead and manage a designated service area, ensuring that appropriate strategies, policies and procedures are developed and implemented to ensure the effective delivery of the service.
* As part of the Senior Management Team in Children's Social Care have lead responsibility for ensuring that services are in place to protect children and young people across Calderdale and that safeguarding duties and responsibilities are effectively fulfilled.
* Qualifications: Degree approved by Social Work England.
* Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
* Compliance: Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
This job was posted to Social worker in Halifax, West Yorkshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 22.44 - 22.44 Per hourFull timeTemporaryLiverpool, Merseyside, England
Seven Social Care are looking for a Newly Qualified Social Worker to work with the Childrens Social Care Team in Liverpool. This po...