Support Worker / Mental Health Assistant
Kegworth, Derby, Leicestershire, England
- £ 18800.0 - 21900.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 2 Sep 2020
- 2 Oct 2020
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Salary: £9 - £10.50 per hour ( £18,800 - £21,900 per annum ) - negotiable depending on your experience
Hours: Full Time - 40.25 hours (3 then 4 shift pattern)
Shifts : Mixed Shift Pattern - Days, Nights & weekends on a fixed rota (Days -7.30am - 8pm, Nights - 7.30pm - 8am)
*Brand new and developing Service*
*Excellent CQC rating*
*Very positive, friendly and supportive work environment*
Further Details : An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced support worker to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive hospital for adults aged 18 and above who are experiencing acute mental health issues. The service is locate close to Loughborough, Leicestershire.
The Service : This is a brand-new Hospital which opened in May 2019. The hospital has four 7 bedded wards in total, with three wards opened so far. The first ward opened in May 2019, the second in July 2019 and the third in September 2019. The forth ward is due to open in March 2020. We are currently recruiting nurses to join the third and forth ward.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a brilliant organisation but to also join a new team and a developing service. You will have the opportunity to influence and develop the service and their ways of working.
The Hospital continually strives to live up to their excellent reputation. The Hospital has an excellent recent CQC rating. They have a very positive and supportive work environment and a very enthusiastic and innovative team. Staff morale is very high. They are very big on staff development and training.
The Management: The Hospital Manager has been working within the industry for the past 38 years and has a wealth of knowledge which aids the Manager in supporting, training and developing their staff.
The Team: The Hospital has a full MDT (Multidisciplinary team) comprising of a Consultant, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, OT, Social Worker, Support and Administration Staff. The aim is to work as a close team providing a holistic range of assessments and treatments.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will includes 5 days of MAPA training, followed by a 3 day Company Induction, followed by a 2 day Local Induction. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
Location: The Hospital is very easily accessed by car and they have free parking on site. They are also on a bus route. The hospital has very good access to the M1, M42 and A50. The Hospital is close to the following locations:
- 4 miles from Loughborough
- 12 miles from Derby
- 15 miles from Leicester
- 12 miles from Nottingham
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- They are a BRAND NEW service which gives support workers an opportunity to influence, develop and put their mark on a new service
- Very supportive work environment - regular clinical supervisions and case note review meetings to ensure best practice (done in a supportive manner)
- An opportunity to work with an enthusiastic and innovative team
- A thorough induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- Ongoing and regular training
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Highly subsidised meals (free meals if eating with the patients, very cheap meals otherwise)
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- CPD top up
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on Applyor email a copy of your CV to Apply
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
This job was posted to Support worker in Kegworth, Derby, Leicestershire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust(AWP) provides inpatient and community-based mental health care for people li...