Deaf And Hearing Impaired Specialist Support Worker
Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
- £ 11.89 - 11.89 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
- 2 Sep 2020
- 30 Sep 2020
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Deaf And Hearing Impaired Specialist Support Worker to work with Bradford Metropolitan District Council. This position is term time only and will be based at a local school in Bradford. Candidates need to be in a position to work from 08:10 - 15:00 from Monday - Friday. The contract is initially for 4 months. The hourly rate is £11.89 (paid to you via an umbrella company).
* To undertake and implement work/care/support programmes with individuals / groups to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
* To facilitate access to the curriculum and whole school environment for Deaf and Hearing Impaired children / young people
* Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils' achievement, progress and problems
SUPPORT FOR PUPILS
* Supervise and provide particular support for deaf and hearing impaired pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
* Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
* Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes.
SUPPORT FOR THE TEACHER
* Accurately record and provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils achievement, progress, problems and other relevant issues.
* Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
* Provide clerical and admin support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, other relevant tasks.
* Assist with the planning of learning activities.
* Qualifications: Qualification in British Sign Language.
* Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
* Compliance: Current DBS check.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 32.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
This job was posted to Support worker in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentBradford, West Yorkshire, England
Bradford District Care Trust is an award-winning Trust that provides a range of innovative services that have been recognised as be...