Children's Safeguarding Manager
St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
- £ 50600.0 - 60100.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 20 Aug 2020
- 3 Oct 2020
We are seeking a committed and experienced Child Protection Social Worker to join the Service on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the Channel Islands in the capacity of Children's Safeguarding Manager.
The salary for this post is £49,338 - £52,124 or £52,154 - £58,806 plus an annual bonus of £1,286 each February (part-thereof in first year)
As the successful applicant you will;
- Co-ordinate and chair child-protection case conferences and looked after children reviews, and other child focussed meetings that create and review the child's plan for protection and care.
- Provide specialist advice to professional staff consumers, from internal and external agencies involved in safeguarding and looking after children, and to provide quality assurance and audit to drive continuous learning across the Service.
- Develop the specialism of the post to provide expertise to Office of the Committee for Health & Social Care and the States of Guernsey.
- As a member of the Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Unit you will be involved in a variety of quality assurance tasks included in the job description.
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare; their Social Work service provides excellent Child Protection and Child in Need care, supported by Social Workers recruited to a very high standard.
This includes undertaking work with children subject to care requirements in accordance with the Children (Guernsey and Alderney) Law 2008 .
The Law has introduced fundamental and significant changes to how concerns relating to children and young people are dealt with and is based broadly on the Children's Hearing System in Scotland.
Person requirements :
Qualified Social Worker with current UK registration
Minimum of three years post-registration UK Child Protection experience, and a detailed understanding of Safeguarding
Experienced in chairing Child Protection conferences with strong quality assurance skills
Be in possession of a clean and current car driving licence; own vehicle required, (mileage expensed at full rate)
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- An annual bonus of £1,286
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- Temporary initial staff accommodation then a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
This job was posted to Social worker in St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 23200.0 - 27050.0 Per yearFull timeBankJersey (PO Boxes & businesses), Jersey, Crown Dependencies
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiatic Support Worker to join the Adult Disabilities Services team on the beautiful Island of A...