Prenton, Merseyside, England
- £ 30000.0 - 38000.0 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- 14 Sep 2020
- 28 Sep 2020
Crystal Care Solutions is a specialist, independent social care organization who operate a number of residential and supported living units across the region. The job role entails providing supervision and support for children and young people aged 8-18 within our registered children’s homes.
Applications are therefore welcomed from experienced Registered Managers and Deputy’s looking for the next step in their career with proven ability to support young people who have been the victims of trauma and are extremely vulnerable and experience with leading staff teams.
The role will be an on-shift position and therefore an ability to commit to shift work including sleep-ins is an essential element of the role.
Essential Job Requirements
· Diploma or NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce
· Understanding of attachment and trauma in relation to young people
· A commitment to personal development and the acquisition of professional skills and further qualifications
· 3 years’ work experience working with Children and Young People within a residential environment including 2 years at senior level
· Experience of supervising staff
· Experience of attending formal meetings and preparing formal reports
· Knowledge of child development and appreciation of the needs of children and young people
· Understanding of appropriate legislation
· Understanding of confidentiality
· Strong knowledge of the National Minimum Standards for residential children’s homes
· Ability to participate in ‘On-Call-Manger’ Rota and take calls out of hours.
· Safe holding and physical intervention
· All driving duties (including driving for long periods)
· Physical activities with the children and young people
· Must hold a full, current, driving license
· Must produce satisfactory enhanced DBS
· Must provide evidence of a satisfactory overseas criminal records check for periods resident in countries outside of the UK
· NVQ 4 or Diploma 5, care manager or registered manager award.
· Proven ‘Ofsted’ inspection history
· Experience in a therapeutic setting
· Proven success of development of staff teams and individuals
Crystal Care Solutions is a company committed to its employees. As a company in addition to a competitive salary we offer many additional benefits to our employees:
· Pension Auto-enrolment
· ‘Pay Care Scheme’, this is a company health care benefit.
· ‘Perk Box’, this allows the employees to get discounts or free offers on hundreds of well known high street brands.
· Annual Leave Service Award
· Long Service Bonus of £750 given after 5 continuous full time years of employment
· Refer a friend scheme for both qualified and unqualified
· Company pays for DBS as well as reimburses cost for update service each year
· Company reimburses staff for Social Care Wales registration each year
The successful applicant for the Registered Manager role will be expected to demonstrate commitment to training and development and must be capable of adapting their work practice to the ethos of the home.
The salary for the Registered Manager role will be dependent on the level of qualifications and experience. There is also an option to earn higher than advertised for those who achieve an outstanding rating within Crystal Care Solutions. On-shift Managers are paid an hourly rate; there is potential to earn approximately £35,000 to £38,000 per year based on an hourly rate of £12.20 to £13.20 (dependent on experience) plus sleep-in payments.
Crystal Care Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and promotes Equal Opportunities in employment. As a company we oppose any form of unlawful discrimination. You are expected to comply with Crystal Care Solutions policy on Equal Opportunity to ensure that your work practice and actions re-enforce this at all times.