Adult Disabilities Planning Co-ordinator & Training Assistant
St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
- £ 26450.0 - 31250.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
- 2 Sep 2020
- 2 Oct 2020
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Support Worker to join the Adult Disabilities Services team Adult Disabilities in the capacity of Person Centre Planning Co-Ordinator and Training Assistanton the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
This is a Band 4 post.
The Service supports people with learning disabilities and autism in a variety of settings. These include residential homes, a short-break service, supported living and outreach. Guernsey also has an impressive new purpose-built autism hub.
- You will be responsible for leading on the implementation of Person Centre Planning and leading on unregistered training particularly NVQ and Care Certificate across the Adult Disability Service.
- You will have an office base but will spend most of their time out in operational areas supporting the unregistered team
- You will lead on the implementation of Person Centre Planning across the Adult Disability Service
- You will work alongside the Practice Development Lead in the delivery of an in service training and development programme for unregistered staff within Adult Disability Services
- You will be responsible for the supervision of Care Certificate and VQ learners within the Adult Disability Service in conjunction with the Practice Development Lead
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scales.
The current Guernsey Band 4 salary is £25,158 to £29,967 plus an annual bonus of £1,286 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 40% evening/Saturday and 80% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of the British Isles' finest and best-kept beaches, a mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
At least two years experience as a senior Support Worker in a Band 4 (or equivalent) Learning Disabilities post.
Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Health and Social Care and/or Level 4 BTEC Advanced Certificate in Positive Behavioural Support
You may be required to work across shifts in order to meet the development needs of all unregistered staff.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- An annual bonus of £1,286
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- On-site Staff Accommodation - three months free*
- A generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Learning Disabilities staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of such roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
This job was posted to Learning disabilities in St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 26450.0 - 31250.0 Per yearFull timeBankJersey (PO Boxes & businesses), Jersey, Crown Dependencies
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Support Worker to join the Adult Disabilities Services team Adult Disabilities in...