Manager, Adult Disability Service
St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
- £ 41956.0 - 55315.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 31 Jul 2020
- 28 Jan 2021
We are currently recruiting Manager within Adult Disability Service in Guernsey Health & Social Services.
Guernsey is an island off the coast of Normany and it has a lot to offer, especially with its warmer climate, sandy beaches and loads of available activities. Guernsey is offering competitive salaries and attractive relocation package for HealthCare workers.
In Guernsey, they understand the need for a good work-life balance, and with stunning natural scenery, sweeping sandy beaches and a whole host of sport and leisure opportunities, this island is the perfect place to balance work and play.
Forget motorways and long train journeys, everything in Guernsey is just a short drive or even just a walk away, allowing you more time to spend with friends and family doing the things you love. If you enjoy the great outdoors, there are few better places to be. Picturesque walking routes line the island’s coast offering breathtaking cliff views in the south, while the rural parishes are perfect for a casual country stroll.
Manager, Adult Disability Service - Band 7
Service Area: Adult Community Services
Are you passionate about enhancing the lives of people with learning disabilities and/or autism? You will play an important part in the development of the service for the future, you will need to be an enthusiastic and forward-thinking individual with a person-centred approach assisting people to live and thrive in their own homes.
To apply for this role, you must be a registered Health or Social Care Professional and evidence of CPD at diploma level.
- Competitive Salary + bonuses
- Grade: Band 7 £41,956 – £50,004 BAR 51,716 - £55,315 per annum
- Annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service
- Attractive relocation package, including accommodation allowance from £500 to £5,000, depending on accommodation arrangement
- Full-time, permanent contract
- Generous pension scheme
- Professional subscriptions paid for, support with NMC revalidation
- Excellent training opportunities, up to masters level
- Free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites
- Continuous service from the NHS or a local or public authority honoured, for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays
- Long Term Employment Permit provided
- And many more
1. Registered Nurse
2. Teaching/Mentoring qualification
3. Diploma in a related field
4. Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational
5. Achievement or equivalent (D32/33, NVQ A1)
6. Degree in a related field
7. Management Qualification
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND APTITUDE:
1. Good IT skills
2. Excellent verbal and written communication.
3. To hold a valid driving licence (this may be negotiated with the manager dependant on area.)
4. Leadership and management skills.
5. Caring and empathetic nature.
6. Good knowledge of learning disabilities and current best practice