Havant, Hampshire, England
- £ 0.0 - 0.0 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 19 Aug 2020
- 28 Sep 2020
Working in partnership with Portsmouth NHS Trust, we have an exciting opportunity in our new renal unit Havant, for a healthcare assistant who wants to make a difference in our patient’s lives.
You will provide patient care according to Diaverum procedures and in order to increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme ‘d Academy’.
• To support the nursing team and undertake duties as directed by a registered nurse
• To escort patients to and from the clinical area to the waiting areas or transport
• To serve patient drinks and snacks during treatment as required
• To undertake basic health checks with patients pre and post dialysis including weight and blood pressure
• To check and clean equipment following appropriate training
• To assist with patient documentation as appropriate
• To prepare, restore and maintain areas and equipment for clinical treatments, ensuring that supplies and machines are readily available.
• Act as an assigned member of staff for a group of patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
• Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
• Must be educated to GCSE level or equivalent
• Minimum NVQ level 2 in Health; Social Care or equivalent and working towards level 3
• Ideally previous experience in hospital and healthcare setting
• Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team
• Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
• Excellent communication skills (oral + written) with fluency in English
COME GROW WITH US!