Senior Social Worker – Safeguarding – Birmingham
West Midlands, England
- £ 27.53 - 27.53 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 24 Jul 2020
- 23 Aug 2020
Senior Social Worker - Safeguarding - Birmingham Children's Trust - £29.93ph
We are currently looking for Senior Social Workers to join the children's safeguarding service within Birmingham Children's Trust. There are a number of vacancies based in different locations across the city.
This is a full time temporary post lasting for a minimum of 3 months.
About the Role:
As a Senior Social Worker, you will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and families. This will include managing a complex and diverse caseload. You must have excellent written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver reports to conferences and court hearings. You will need substantial knowledge of childcare legislation and experience of conducting assessments as well as presenting care plans to conferences and reviews. You must be passionate about working with families to achieve the best outcome and will be a competent and proactive team player to support the smooth running and working of the service.
- 2 years post qualifying experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience of safeguarding and care proceedings essential
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate assessment tools and research.
- Experience of child Protection, Care planning and Court work.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Stable management structure
- Long term contract
- Training provided
- Good rate of pay
- Daily payroll runs
- Dedicated Social Work specialist consultant
- Free DBS and dedicated compliance officer
- Nationwide coverage of roles
- £200 refer a friend bonus
- £250 find your own job bonus
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 35.64 - 35.64 Per hourFull timeTemporaryHull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Advanced Social Worker to work with the Childrens Safeguarding Team in Hull. This pos...