Social Worker - Safeguarding South Tipperary/KK
South Tipperary & Kilkenny
- € 21.41 - 30.73 Per week
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 23 Jul 2020
- 20 Jan 2021
Social Worker Adult safeguarding team,
Social Worker required for locum assignment with community based adult safeguarding team covering South Tipperary and Kilkenny. Flexible base available in either Clonmel or Kilkenny
The main caseload will be supporting the duty social work role to receive and review concerns regarding the abuse of vulnerable adults in the community. As a Social Worker, you will also support and advise service providers in Older persons and Disability services in implementing the Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse policy and ensuring that the SW team have oversight of the safeguarding plans that these organisations develop.
The main duties of the role include:
- Provide a social work service to primary care disability & older persons services.
- Provide a direct point of access for the local community area and offer initial and holistic social assessment and intervention to individuals & families.
- Interviewing clients, conducting preliminary screening, attending team meetings, putting safety plans in place.
- Provide an initial assessment service to all care groups and to develop referral procedures with other social work networked services.
- Identify service users’ individual and collective needs in partnership with them and co-create early interventions and/or social action strategies to meet those needs.
- Manage and prioritise a caseload appropriate to the post.
- Provide supportive counselling, emotional and practical support, and information to service users and their families.
- Adopt a holistic approach aimed at enhancing the quality of life, health and social well-being of all persons within the designated service area.
- Promote independence, self-reliance, self-determination and empowerment with persons in their environment, with families and local groups.
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker and CORU registration
Some post graduate social work experience will be desirable in a similar service.
- A placement within primary care or similar service will be considered.
- Access to a car and a full drivers licence