Children’s Registered Manager – New service-Swindon - £40K
Swindon, Wiltshire, England
- £ 0 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- 21 Jul 2020
- 18 Aug 2020
Children's Registered Manager -New service-Swindon-£40K
Due to the success of this company, a very exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to become a key piece in a brand new children's service in Swindon.
On behalf of a brand new children's provider, Amber Mace are looking to recruit a qualified Children's Manager for a new children's home situated near Swindon.The home is a small one bed residential unit specialising in providing care for a single young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties and autism. Experience within this field is essential.
The Registered Manager will bring together and evolve a team supporting their young person in their day to day lives. A strong sense of leadership and ability to teach, motivate and cultivate a positive and dynamic environment for our young person is essential. This post will involve searching for, interviewing and inducting the staff team and evolving the team to a strong and resilient position. The Registered manager should have good knowledge of the Children's Home Regulations and will be responsible for implementing all policies and procedures in line with the Regulations, and have the ability to create the necessary paperwork to meet these Regulations. They will be expected to create Risk Assessments, Care Plans and Behaviour Support Plans as well as all other necessary documentation to support our young people. The Manager must have knowledge of ASD and Learning Difficulties and how to support children with autism.
You should have considerable experience of working with young people with complex needs and / or mental health, OFSTED Care experience and successful experience in improving OFSTED outcomes and supporting and providing debrief to staff who work with challenging behaviour. In return, my client can offer an excellent salary of up to £40K amongst other employee benefits.
• To develop and sustain professional & caring relationships with all young people, actively support young people to develop their understanding of their own health & wellbeing either directly or through working with key staff across the service
• To liaise with and support a variety of internal and external colleagues and professionals to promote an integrated approach to meeting our young peoples' complex requirements. These may include: psychiatrists; clinical psychologists; clinical paediatricians; dieticians; GP's; psychotherapists and others.
• To work with and guide the residential team, ensuring the health and safeguarding of every young person underpins practice.
• To be an active member of the senior leadership team in ensuring all young people's health and safeguarding needs are met.
• Strong values and a passion for looking after young people and supporting them in their future so they reach their full potential and achieve their life goals, being of good character and integrity.
• Outstanding organisational skills, be efficient with an eye for detail with excellent paperwork skills and the ability to produce concise and informative documents.
• Knowledge of the Children's Home Regulations and all paperwork relating to these regulations or a willingness to learn.
• Two years experience working in children's residential care
• Experience working with autistic children and children with Learning Difficulties.
• One years management experience within residential childcare - this must include 1:1 supervision of staff.
• Have completed Level 5 be working toward Level 5 Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or equivalent, or willing to work towards this qualification (relevant to children's residential care).
• Ability of registering with OFSTED for the post.
• Knowledge of legislation and Ofsted regulations and inspections
• Be prepared to be on call when required.
If you are interested in applying for this fantastic opportunity, or for more information, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with Lindsay at Amber Mace on Applyor alternatively email an up to date CV to Apply
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 45,000 - 50,000 Per yearFull timePermanentGloucester, Gloucestershire, England
Residential Home Manager (Elderly and Dementia care) Location - Glou...
£ 50,000 - 55,000 Per yearFull timePermanentCheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Residential Home Manager (Elderly and Dementia care) Location - Cheltenham ...