Care Assistant - Neurological Rehabilitation
Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England
- £ 17823 - 18642 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 18 Jul 2020
- 17 Aug 2020
Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Salary: £9.14 - £9.56 per hour ( £18,642 per annum )plus enhancements - negotiable depending on your experience
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 hours (3 shifts per week )
Shifts : Days only
Further Details : An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced support worker to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive hospital for adults aged 18 and above who are requiring rehabilitation from Neurological condition or brain injury
The Service : we provide the care people need to optimise their health and wellbeing, maximise their independence and support their emotional and social needs.
We provide specialist neurological care, rehabilitation and support tailored to the individual needs of people with a range of neurological conditions.
We are here for people with conditions which get worse over time - such as Huntington's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease - as well as those with conditions resulting from a brain or spinal injury or stroke.
If you are passionate about providing expert and compassionate care, join the team and we'll ensure your job as Care Assistant makes you feel incredible too! With flexible working hours and an excellent personalised training programme this is a wonderful opportunity to develop your skills as a Care Assistant in the specialist field of neurological care.
located 8 miles outside Hitchin in the village of St Paul's Walden. Due to its location access to your own transport is required.
- To promote choice in the delivery of care and support. Reviewing and making suggestions to enhance the individuals' experience.
- To ensure accurate reporting and documentation.
- To participate in care planning implementation and review.
- To promote the values, build morale and encourage others to perform to high standards
The correct candidate will demonstrate a compassionate and caring nature alongside flexibility with excellent people skills and be a team player. Successful applicants must have recent experience in the delivery of care in a similar environment and have or be willing to gain an NVQ 2 in health and social care.
8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
- 20 days holiday
- Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
- Private pension matched at 5%
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- Cash referral bonus scheme for certain roles
- Carers leave policy
- 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
- Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
- Free onsite parking and good transport links
- Susidised meals
- Staff loans and company car loans
- Free uniform
- Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
- Opportunities to progress through our development framework structure
For more information or to apply for the role please call Amy Parker on 01489 774 219 or email a copy of your CV to Amy.email@example.com
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
This job was posted to Care assistant in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 22,000 - 25,000 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Theatre Circulating Healthcare Assistant - Day Surgery &nbs...