Social Care Manager
Church, Accrington, Lancashire, England
- £ 29,000 - 33,000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- 28 Jul 2020
- 14 Aug 2020
Are you looking for a new role with less statutory pressure, in a supportive and value-based organisation? Community Solutions work hard to help the people of East Lancashire and provide a supportive, progressive and friendly workplace where you can leave each day knowing you have made a difference to others. If this sounds like what you are looking for, apply today!
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to work as a member of the Social Care Delivery Team at Community Solutions North West, managing the delivery of our social care services involving staff, volunteers, students and participants. You will ensure compliance with legislation and the training and development of the social care team, as well as a small case-load of complex cases.
Reporting to CEO as senior managers.
• To maintain your Social Work England Registration
• To serve as a member of the organisations Management Team
• To be a member of the Ethics Panel considering issues arising from referrals and DBS checks for potential participants and volunteers
• To be the nominated Vulnerable Adults (and occasional Child Protection) Coordinator
• To attend and present to the occasional court and other tribunals, where necessary, in relation to safeguarding issues
• Carrying out staff appraisals, managing performance of staff
• Delegation of work to relevant staff members
• To support and train all social care staff to understand and comply with safeguarding legislation and guidance including for example, suicide prevention, abuse, learning difficulties, physical and mental health issues and mental health capacity
• To oversee safeguarding training for volunteers ensuring it is comprehensive and compliant with relevant legislation and guidance
• Promoting social work theory and legislation within the organisation
• Supervising social work students whilst on placement (willingness to undertake Practice Educator Training)
• Ensuring the social care team adhere to policies and procedures. To keep all relevant policies relating to adult safeguarding, child protection, working with vulnerable adults, equality and diversity, up to date and compliant with present regulations and legislation
• Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases
• Preparation of reports and presentations
• Organisation and chairing of meetings.
• Liaison with staff, managers and other organisations
• Improve and develop the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organisation’s mission
• Contribute to short and long-term planning and strategy as a member of the management team
• Work alongside the safeguarding lead in the management of risks and ensure risk assessments are undertaken
• Ensure all management processes are compliant with legal requirements
For full details of the job role and how to apply, please visit our website and look for the Job Opportunities in the 'About Us' section.