Residential Unit Manager - Coventry - £10.20 ph
Coventry, West Midlands, England
- £ 0 - 10.2 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 22 Jun 2020
- 20 Jul 2020
Residential Unit Manager
Unit Manager - Residential Home - £10.20 per hour!
Days only! Full time hours!
Amber Mace are currently recruiting for a Unit Manager to join the team at a large residential service in Coventry. As the Unit Manager, you will ensure continuity of care to residents by promoting and delivering high standards of person centred care, including personal care. You will be responsible for guiding, coaching and instructing colleagues, enabling them to fully contribute to the wider team.
You will be a strong mentor and role model for the team - apply now if this sounds like you! Call Claire at Amber Mace on Applyor email an up to date CV to Apply.
The role of Unit Manager:
• Lead a team of senior carers and carers to provide staff support including demonstration and instruction of care activities, particularly in relation to the induction of new staff.
• To enhance and promote the clients quality of life.
• Manage and participate in the rota, to ensure senior care and care support is available at all times.
• Responsible for supporting the Deputy Manager in the management of the medication systems used and for the ordering and distribution of prescribed medication to residents.
• Assist residents in their personal care including toileting, bathing, dressing and undressing, ensuring optimum independence, dignity and respect of individuals.
• Serve meals and beverages, encouraging and assisting in the feeding of residents requiring additional attention at mealtimes.
• Carry out care activities in accordance with the care plan for less active and poorly residents, particularly turning and moving to reduce the risk of development of pressure sores, as requested by the person in charge.
• Assist residents with restricted mobility to move to dining areas at mealtimes and other communal areas for social activities and stimulation and to the privacy of their bedrooms at their request.
• Ensure the environment is maintained to a high standard including shared areas; ensure areas are decorated as rooms become vacant and that the whole environment is checked regularly to achieve the desired standards.
• Have responsibility for coordinating documentation of individual plans of care and reporting back to the Deputy and Home Manager.
• Organise and manage regular team meetings to ensure information is cascaded to the team.
Skills/Qualifications required of the Team Leader:
• Experience working in a supervisory position in a residential elderly home.
• Extensive experience working with the elderly
• Must have completed NVQ Level 3
In return, my client will offer an excellent benefits package, including flexible working hours, Childcare vouchers, Employee Assistance Programme alongside a fantastic rate of pay!
To apply for this fantastic opportunity as Team Leader, then please call Claire at Amber Mace on Applyor simply apply below for immediate consideration!
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 38,000 - 38,000 Per yearFull timePermanentCoventry, West Midlands, England
Deputy Manager (Residential - Elderly and Dementia) Location - Coventry area Salary - c.£38,000 Remit C...
£ 24000 - 26000 Per yearFull timePermanentReading, Berkshire, England
Deputy Interim Residential Manager Reading - £26kAre you a care professional looking to further their career in the healthcare sect...