Benefits Officer (Housing Benefits and Planning)
Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England
- £ 21 - 21 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
- 15 Jun 2020
- 13 Jul 2020
Seven Resourcing are currently looking for a couple of Benefits Officers to work in Rickmansworth. These positions are initially for a 3 month period and will be paying £21.00 per hour (outside of IR35).
To work as a member of a team providing a high standard of service to the public. To accurately and efficiently assess entitlement to housing benefit and council tax benefit, and all activities relating to the assessment of a claim.
* Process claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support both accurately and quickly so that agreed targets are met.
* Ensuring that claims and changes are processed as per the targets set
* Pended and suspended cases are dealt with required timescales
* Maintain an up to date knowledge of procedures, regulations and systems and provide an awareness of other welfare benefits such as Universal Credit where appropriate.
* Consider and make recommendations on back dating benefit claims.
* Maintain a high level of customer care in all operations.
* Qualifications: N/A.
* Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
* Compliance: Current DBS check.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After winning multiple awards in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you're not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their next role by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little 'thank you' from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
This job was posted to Social housing in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 22.83 Per hourFull time...Bank...Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England
We are seeking experienced professionals to work as Specialist Mentors to provide one to one support for students with Mental Healt...